.

I Draw Portraits Using Only My Eyes

Monday, March 23, 2015





2015 03 eye drawing 6  880.jpg


I Draw Portraits Using Only My Eyes






2015 03 drawing with my eyes graham fink 1.jpg
2015 03 drawing with my eyes graham fink 1.jpg






2015 03 eye drawing 3  880.jpg
2015 03 eye drawing 3 880.jpg






2015 03 eye drawing 7 black  880.jpg
2015 03 eye drawing 7 black 880.jpg






2015 03 DRAWING WITH MY EYES9  880.jpg
2015 03 DRAWING WITH MY EYES9 880.jpg









When I was at art school, our teachers would stand behind us and scrutinize the drawing and say ‘you’re not looking hard enough’.
So I designed a piece of software in collaboration with a company called Tobaii, the world leaders in eye tracking technology. They make it possible for sensors to detect exactly where you are looking. The technology works by shining infra-red light straight into the eyes. The reflections are recorded by a camera through multi-algorithms and filters which allow eye movement to immediately be translated onto a screen. After many months of trail and error, we created a piece of code that would allow my eyes to draw a freestyle line, directly onto a computer screen, according to the different sensitivities of my eyes. I can predetermine the thickness of the line and color and then stare at the screen. As I begin to move my eyes, the line moves. No arms, no pencils or brushes. I am drawing with my eyes.
More info: grahamfink.com
When I was at art school, our teachers would stand behind us and say ‘you’re not looking hard enough’

Source:boredpanda[dot]com



Share this article on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2015 Panda Boring All Rights Reserved.
Free Templates by Cool Blogger Tutorials- Powered by Blogger.com.